Graduate Catalog 2018-2019

Withdrawal from the University

To withdraw from the University, a student must complete a Withdrawal Request. Failure to withdraw officially will result in the grade of ‘F’ in all courses.

A student who withdraws from the University either temporarily or permanently at any time after the last day to drop a course without academic penalty (unless previously assigned an ‘F’ by the professor for excessive absences) will receive a grade of ‘WF’ (Withdrew Failing) for each course being carried at the time of withdrawal. However, the student may petition for a ‘W’ (Withdrew) if the withdrawal is due to nonacademic extenuating circumstances beyond the student's control and the student is passing all courses at the time of withdrawal.

The timing of withdrawals in order to avoid academic penalty is the responsibility of the student. Deadlines are published in the University Calendar.