Computer Science B.S.
Areas A - E (See Core section of the Catalog) (42 semester hours)
Area F (18 semester hours)
All of the following:
All of the following if not taken in Areas A and D:
Selections from the following:
NOTE: Hours counted in Area F may not be used in any other area of the core. Transfer students who have not completed the requirements in Area F, or their equivalents, must take these courses at GC.
Computer Science Major Requirements (27 semester hours)
Cognate Area A: Science (6-16 semester hours)
Complete two of the following (0-8 hours)
Note: Both the lecture course and the companion laboratory course must be successfully completed to apply the credits from either course to this requirement.
Complete two one-semester courses in the natural sciences (ASTR, BIOL, CHEM, ENSC, GEOL, PHYS) (0-8 hours)
Note: Both the lecture course and the companion laboratory course (when it exists) must be successfully completed to apply the credits from either course to this requirement. This requirement may be satisfied in Area D.
Cognate Area B: Mathematics and Computer Science (0-21 semester hours)
All of the following if not taken in Area F:
Total Credit Hours: 120
Other Requirements (9-13 semester hours)
- A minimum of 39 semester hours overall must be at the 3000-4000 level. MAED courses may not be used.
- One Foreign Language course level 1002 or higher (3 hours).
- Senior Capstone Experience : (Complete one of the following:) (1-3 hours)
- CSCI 4950 An advanced special topic or System Administration
- CSCI 4690 Internship/Cooperative Education
- CSCI 4999 Undergraduate Research in Computer Science
- An international studies experience approved by the student’s advisor.
- BIDS 1705 or other GCSU 0001 First Year Academic Seminar (courses will not count toward graduation).
- A grade of C or better is required in all CSCI courses.
- Any First Year Academic Seminar may be substituted for BIDS 1705 or GCSU 0001.
- To graduate, students must fulfill other requirements specified in the Graduation Requirements section of the Catalog.