College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Georgia College participates in the College Level Examination Program (CLEP). Details may be obtained from the Center for Testing. The general conditions and standards for awarding credit are as follows:
- The maximum credit that can be earned by examination is limited to 30 semester hours.
- No person will be permitted credit by examination for a course after once enrolling in the course.
- The CLEP General Examinations and Subject Examinations may not be retaken within six months.
- Credit earned by examination will be recorded on the student's record by course, course number, and semester hours earned. No grade or grade points will be assigned.
- Credits earned through CLEP may be transferred from other institutions in the University System of Georgia or from other institutions upon verification that scores on credits to be transferred are equal to or higher than those required by Georgia College.
See also: Challenging Courses